Why do business owners decide to venture out alone? Why leave the security of a regular income, the comfort of a workplace and if you’re lucky, a great working culture?
Why did you start your business?
• Work / Life flexibility?
• Control of your working environment?
• Financial gain?
• Following your passion?
In the early days of starting a business, the picture we all have is clear. We know there’s hard work ahead but the rewards will be great. We’ll work flexible hours – have a lunchtime swim, enjoy time with the kids then complete some work in the evening. We’re going to develop an awesome culture for clients and future staff and surround ourselves with positive influences and people. Yes, the risk is high but so is the financial gain and hey, its my passion so its not like work anyhow.
Unfortunately the reality for many business owners is very different.
I was talking with the awesome Annabelle Drumm recently at Kitegirl Coach about this very topic and looked at the dream vs. reality. I’ve broken down how the average small business owner spends 24 hours. Is this your reality?
So how can a small business owner turn their dream into reality? How can we get more sleep, reduce the worry, have more time to generate income and more time for fun?
Quite simply – by working smarter – developing clear systems and processes and outsourcing tasks that take us away from directly generating income.
Yes, there is an investment of time and effort and potentially money, but the benefits to you and your business are invaluable. Here’s out Top 7 reasons why you need to systemise your business.
- Save time. Steamlined and automated systems allow you to concentrate on high value tasks and overall business strategy.
- Improve focus. A systemised business means your day to day tasks are managed giving you clear thinking space to concentrate on the future.
- Grow your business. Strong systems enable growth. Systemising your business provides a solid platform for future growth and increases its financial value.
- Eliminate mistakes. Clear systems and processes eliminate mistakes, and reduce costs and potential harm to client relationships.
- Reduce frustrations. Have a clear picture of your business and know exactly what needs to be done and by when.
- Ensure consistency. Maintain the quality levels of service for your products and clients.
- Simplified outsourcing. Get help and employ staff at any time without the need for an intensive training period
In most small businesses systems and processes are unloved and underused. If you’re losing sleep because of constant worry and frustration and want to spend more time on the things that are important to you, take a look at how you’re working, develop and nurture your processes and you’ll be one step closer to your start up dream.
If you’d like to have a chat about realising your business dream lets chat. Call me on 0409 326560 or book a call.